Named after Max Latimer, who was the original chief of the department founded in 1952. The building originally was a wooden shed with a balky door. More than once, unable to get the door raised when the alarm sounded, apparatus drivers went right through the door. The original front-line engine was a 1942 Ford pumper. The building eventually was remodeled into a four-bay station sometime before 1969. The second floor classroom, kitchen, office and bathrooms were added in the early 1980s. The new four-bay wing was added in the mid 1990s. In recent years, we have added sleeping quarters, a day room, and have also remodeled both the kitchen and bathrooms.