The Chugiak Volunteer Fire and Rescue Company (CVFRD), Inc. is soliciting quotations for a “Side-by-Side” Utility Task Vehicle (UTV). The UTV will be picked up and subsequently housed at CVFRD Fire Station 35 located at 14080 Old Glenn Highway, Eagle River, AK. 99577. The Request for Quotation (RFQ) is available within this document, at CVFRD Station 35, 14080 Old Glenn Highway, Chugiak, AK. 99567 during normal business hours or at the department’s website at www.cvfrd.com. Information regarding the solicitation can be obtained by email: [email protected]
INSTRUCTIONS TO PROPOSERS
ACCEPTANCE OF PROPOSALS – The right is reserved to reject any or all proposals and to waive any nonmaterial informality or irregularity in the responses received. CVFRD will select a Proposer as described below or reject all Proposals within (7) days from the date three responses are received.
SELECTION – CVFRD will select the proposal that meets “Selection Criteria” expressed in the RFQ and has the best price.
WITHDRAWAL OF PROPOSALS – Proposers may withdraw their proposals at any time prior to the RFQ closing time by telephone, fax or written request.
PRICE – The Proposal shall include a firm fixed price for the base bid and options. All costs shall be stated in U.S. dollars. All bids must be typewritten or written in ink.
INFORMATION TO PROPOSERS
Scope of Work
Requirements for Side by Side UTV and selection criteria:
- Roll-over protection capabilities
- Seatbelts for operators
- Capacity for three seat belted operators at a minimum
- Bed with capacity to mount a litter or longboard for patient transport capabilities
- May be accomplished with a pre-fabricated skid unit
- Ability to operate off-road, including in trail conditions
- Small overall size, able to be transported on a trailer by light-duty apparatus
- Ease of operation
- Sufficient weight capacity to transport operators and patient.
- 800 cc engine or greater
Preferences for unit:
- Available for purchase from local dealer
- Product support from local dealer
- Simple installation of skid unit
- Suitable for all-weather conditions
- Full ski plates
- Bumper Guard
All proposals shall be submitted by October 7th 2020 and include:
- Name and address of the Vendor submitting the quote and the name, address, and phone number of the person(s) to contact.
- Evidence of meeting “Selection Criteria.”
- Pricing for base and options
CVFRD reserves the right to select the vendor which, in the CVFRDs opinion, has made a proposal best suited to the needs and goals of the department and deemed to be in compliance with the terms of this RFQ.